Sunday 16 December 2012

Seven Secrets of Lord Vishnu by Devdutt

           
 The time which I consumed to accomplish seven secrets is such a damn lengthy period literally more than a month,a badcheck  measuring my letters consumption .Devdutt Patnaik,the author has shown his mirror image of his mythological cells from the letter A to z.A big credit for incorporating mythological paintings and snaps which drives readers like me who is crazy behind pictures,stories and logics stringing it together.
               As Iam poorest of the poor in my root epics and vedhas,this read  is an enlightening read.It was such a tortoise slow read till I cross 60 pages and as my fingers are towards the end I felt the "rasha" of Lord Vishnu henceforth now fallen crazily for Lord Krish.If we are going for language flow ,we will be cheated as the author has taken his pen to make things as simple it could be.In nutshell,its a book of exploration and excavation for people deficient in mythological literature.
               It has added the fuel to my Bhagavad Gita discourse,as its an epic season in my jungle.On the whole its a lightread  where we can go lost in thin air by the beautiful paintings printed in the leftleaves of the book.Always excavating the past is as fun as constructing the roads to future.Now desperate enough  to hang with Mahabharatha.

No comments:

Post a Comment