Tuesday 3 February 2015

The fountain head

Yaay! Long read came to an end.Happily closed The fountainhead book by Ayn Rand.Its a solid read and I had a feel I walked with each character in a parallel world.As like Ayn Rand or anyother reader me too liked the hype created  for the immutable,self sufficient character Howard Roark.The jargons ,comparisons and the depth of human psychology reflects in her selection of words.
    Its a book which slices individualism,alturism ,freedom of being a species by itself without a bend and bow.Author has left few loops unclosed with if's and but's which adds a feel of reality without a fairy tale touch.girl character Miss.Dominique is equally competitive to any other character and she makes unpredictable move let it be filing divorce previous evening and to get set for next wedding immediate afternoon.Let it be Mr.Toohey who preaches sacrifice for his self fame,Mr.Keating who can complete a life by pursuing borrowed dream,Mr.Wynand who loves his words more than his deeds and all other petty characters  conceived a deep image in reader's mind.
    Learning to move with characters with a soft smile as I move with any characters of my day today life without judging it.words of few book can move me so much and leave me in an island of thoughts .

PS: Thanks Sumitra for the book,as I thoroughly rejoiced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment