Wednesday 17 April 2013

The difficulty of being good

The difficulty of being good:
      I should really really feel abashed to write review for this book after a span of 5 months.I bought this book when I had less currency in my hand,such a hasty want made me to roll on for a span of 5 months.I will badly miss "The difficulty of being good" in my Bus journey to Indira Nagar.My 1 hour bus journey just fleets  away by leafing these pages.Iam so much immersed in the book wherever philosophy comes.I experienced the glossary of dialogue "Books are your friends".This book added every nerve to the proverb.
    Gurucharan Das ,the ex-CEO of P&G has taken his academic vacation and penned down such a lengthy,narrative book which digs the root of vedic scriptures,exclusively Mahabharatha and Bhagavad Gita.I wont glorify it to the core,as I felt draggy pages amidst that big fat book.On the whole ,its a gentle read with too many questions over DHARMA.I too accept dharma is subtle.Writer took the same stand of modern writers saying neither right nor wrong ,better to say preferred side.Each chapter speaks about the icons of Mahabharatha from Dhuryodhana to Krishna ,Karna to Dhravpadi.He has dug into the cuticles of Rig veda too,clearly visible out of his references.Few lines which lives in my mind after a span of 5 months ,after the completion of book,Yuddhistra says "I have to do it,as its my duty" and Dhraupadi's words "Why we want to be good".
  In nutshell,author has compared those days incidents with today's, which adds some more lightning to it.If something happens,it happens.nothing much could be done except again trying to arrange the life beautifully.A good read for people who love to read the same book for long long months .

No comments:

Post a Comment