Sunday 22 June 2014

Someshwara temple-By Chola dynasty

Was digging into old age temples at BTM. Did lot of wiki search on this temple constructed in 1247AD by chola dynasty forLord Ishwar.powerful with its stories,Naga lingeshwara temple located near Begur Road at Bomanhalli has its own vibes reverberating since 1247 A.D.It has 5 linga's and the history says its powerful..Architecture is almost ruined,and I silently made my wishes in the ears of grand old nandi which I admired.There are few other left out sculptures available for pictures.Here goes chola dynasties craftwork in valour.


Good time in connecting with the past ,afterall people and organism perishes but stones and architecture touches life span after span.And I realised right now Iam dwelling in chola's province(modern Bangalore) though I hailed from Pandya Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment