Sunday 11 January 2015

Ice Bucket challenge at himalayas- Kedarkantha trek 2014

     Mountains teaches me a lot.Before my memory volatiles, let me put my high altitude trekking experience of 2014.Conceived a thought of visiting Himalayan ranges before six months and we chose so called easy trek to Kedarkantha summit.From my experience high altitude trek needs a good amount of physical training.But whatever the say is I prefer to do mistakes and learn from it as my willpower is something unshakeable.Inspite of having personal hardship I take pride in touching the summit at 12500 feet with pinching cold.
  We had our trekking experience from Indiahikes which is worth to do it.We had trek lead Raju sir,who stood as a backbone for all the batchmates to reach the summit.I learned what is compassion and sportsmanship from him,its always a joy to speak with people who are not driven so much by external influence.Trekking with eight kg backpack needs a kind of practice which I was not able to do in a full fledge manner,nevertheless offloaded
  I learnt the objective behind lengthy trekking ,its all about living with less stuff let it be clothes,food,oxygen and amenities.I just followed jungle's law as like an early man's life without having any sense of people,no grooming and brushing too.Habituation to -15 degree cold ,sleep within tents can test a person's patience and perseverance to the core.Nights were so challenging ,sometimes with babycry. When you listen to your inner voice while minding your steps ,I found it to be a meditation.
 Let me share few pictures which I admired from my friend's album

Judaka Talab at 8500 feet  with frozen lake .Fantabulous view with brilliant silence and it has its own pain behind it

Frozen lake and pine trees with tint of sun rays makes the place as a sanctum


scary nights with falling temperature but adorable full moon and stars closer to my eyes.


The shiv ling resting in snow at the summit and I happily submitted my wishlist.
Shiv ji is called as "Aadhiyogi" father of meditation and Tapasya.Kedarkantha has a mythological history ,visited by pandavas and Yudhistra was the only chap who was able to reach Heaven by climbing Swargarohini peak which is near to Kedarkantha.

Here goes the lifetime view of himalayas from the summit .I love this picture as it depicts a symmetrical view and makes me to appreciate the painter .A trip for self realisation as a whole.I hold a lot with me  still without jotting all,as experience is never a say but a feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment